Sunday 27 November 2011

Final piece and evaluation

This is my final post on this blog.
--------
This is the stage I got up to with the concept piece.




-----------
Evaluation

So far this has been one of the most disappointing terms I've done in my college years. I wasted so much time in the beginning and didn't give it my all till near the end (by then it was too late and I didn't have much time left) because of personal problems.

To begin with, the idea was to look at a range of concept work. both character and background.

I was meant to try out other mediums apart form digital work like paints, pens, and charcoals.


I had a few books about digital art that I could refer to as well as my older sibling who had done digital art work before.

I already done a lot of character art work so Dan suggested that I should to concentrate on backgrounds.

I've been thinking about this too much like a comic book artist.
I've been drawing comics and character sheets but I have never bothered thinking about where they were in terms of angles and perspectives of the characters in relation to the background.

I've also been avoiding lighting and textures
I've been managing shadows and knowing where the light source is, but I didn't take it into consideration in relation the subject.

Not having the reds, yellows or oranges reflections did not allow the full potential of the scene to develop.


Using real images for textures and gradients
I did use this for the wooden planks but didn't push it as much as I should have. In the tutorials they saved a lot of time using basic images to build on and incorprate over the digital art they had done.
I did try this a few time but it didn't work so I took it out again .

No comments:

Post a Comment